When is a FDEP (Florida Department of Environmental Protection) construction permit required?
Either a general or individual construction permit is required prior to construction or modification of a collection/transmission system. The following activities DO NOT require a FDEP permit:
· Construction of an individual service connection from a single family residence.
· Replacement of any facilities with new facilities of the same capacity at the same location as the facilities being replaced.
· Construction of any single gravity or non-gravity individual service connection from a single building to a gravity collection system; however, construction of a non-gravity connection from other than a single family residence to an existing force main system requires a permit.
· Construction of a low pressure (grinder pump or septic tank effluent pump (STEP)) or vacuum sewer individual service connection where the system serving the area has been previously permitted by the Department.
· Installation of odor control facilities.
· Modifications associated with routine maintenance.
· Modifications associated with ancillary and electrical equipment and structures.
Web site for DEP with information on the requirements of Chapter 62-604, Florida Administrative Code: http://www.dep.state.fl.us/water/wastewater/dom/domcollect.htm