– Cans with lids
– Not over 50lbs. per 32 gal. Can
– Bring in from curb after pick-up
Yard Waste Collection
Yard waste may not be combined in the same container as garbage. If they are mixed it will not be collected.
– All loose yard waste must be in containers (plastic bags are not acceptable).
– Palm fronds and other yard trimmings are collected loose in cans, cut into no more than one foot above the top of the can.
– Yard waste can be tied in 4′ bundles.
– Do not exceed 50 lbs. per can or bundle.
– If you use a yard service please notify them of this information.
Regular Yard Waste
This is the ordinary debris that mother nature (with the help of lawn mowers and trimmers) produces each week. Things like grass clippings, shrub trimmings, palm fronds and small tree branches, less that 4 inches in diameter.
– Place in any standard collection container with handles, not larger than 32 gallons (no heavy steel barrels or bushel baskets, please). Yard waste shouldn’t protrude more than 12 inches from the top of the container, or weigh more than 50 lbs.
– Tie your yard waste in bundles less than 4 ft. long, weighing less than 50 lbs.
– Use twine or string, NOT metal ties or wire.
– DON’T stuff yard waste in plastic bags.
– Place your container or bundles at curbside.
Over Sized Yard Waste
This is the big stuff, like tree branches larger than 4″ in diameter. The bundle must be less than 4 ft. long, weighing less than 50 lbs. and must be tied with twine or string. NOT metal ties or wire. This doesn’t include debris from tree removal, land clearing, or home construction.
– Cut debris in lengths of 4 feet or less.
– Place neatly at curbside, DON’T place under power or phone lines.
– For pick-up, call 305-743-5165.
– All items can be placed in the bins together.
– All plastics #1-7
– Aluminum cans and metal cans
– Glass bottles and jars (No blue glass)
– Paper products (paperboard, boxes, newspaper, junk mail, magazines, catalogs, phone books paper milk and juice cartons)
NO STYROFOAM, PLASTIC BAGS, MOTOR OR COOKING OIL CONTAINERS, GARBAGE IN RECYCLING BINS.
Drop Off Recycling & Hazardous Waste
– Long Key
– Collection Center
– 1st and 3rd Friday each month
The collection center is open from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. on the days listed. Please note there is a 25 gallon liquid limit and a 200 pound dry limit.
Recycled items include: motor oil, car batteries, corrosives, adhesives, roof tar and patching compounds, used oil/hydraulic fluids, pesticides and fertilizers, contaminated gasoline, pool cleaning products, solvents, fiberglass resins, anti-freeze and wood preservatives.
Note: Cannot accept explosives, asbestos, radioactive wastes or biohazard materials.
Bulk Waste Collection
To schedule pick-up for items such as furniture, appliances (with doors removed), car tires, and carpet call 305-743-5165
– between 8:00a.m. and 2:00 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday
– between 8:00 a.m. and Noon on Saturday.
For Appliances (refrigerators, freezers, washers, dryers, hot water heaters, dishwashers, ovens, etc) the doors must be removed and all food stuffs removed from refrigerators and freezers for safety reasons. Marathon Garbage Service will pick up these items free of charge, please put the appliances in front of your home curbside and call 743-5165 to schedule a pick up. If you see illegal dumping happening, please contact the Sheriff’s office at 289-2430.